Wednesday, April 8, 2015
We had a great meeting Monday April 6, 2015. Marcus shared a very personal story with us that had a message of the importance of moderation. As for business:
- If you would like to run for an Executive Board position for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year, we will be accepting announcements of candidacy from Monday April 13th until Wednesday April 15th. All of the current Executive Board positions are up for election. If you would like to run, send us an e-mail with a short paragraph about why you should be on the e-board in that particular position, during the aforementioned window (April 13-15).
- The second batch of Unity T-shirts have been ordered and are on their way for anyone who paid for them. You should be receiving them soon.
- The due date for paying dues has already passed. If you have a reason for being late in paying dues you may e-mail Anna (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will accept them on a case by case basis.
- Unity's annual "Second Chance Prom" is coming up. It will be April 24th in the Innsbruck Suite in the UC from 7-10 pm. The theme is: "Alice in Wonderland themed Casino in Space". Come dressed up however you like!
That’s all for the minutes. Next week’s topic will Deindividualization. Come next Monday to find what it is! Hope to see you all there!
We had a great, long, meeting on Monday March 23rd. We had a guest speaker from Akashic Reiki talk to us about non-violent communication. Now onto the business:
- As said, a speaker from Akashic Reiki spoke to us Monday. If you would like to learn more about the breathing techniques and exercises, you can go to their website: AkashicReiki.com then go to resources > videos > non-violent communication
That's it for business. Our next meeting topic is Trans* Accessories. It'll be a lot of fun. Hope to see you there!