- Safe Space training was today, October 28, 2014, but fear not, there is another session on November 21, 2014. Sign up through the link on our website.
- The Talent Show is approaching! It will be on November 11th from 7-10PM in the UC Ballroom. Tell all your friends! If you would like to compete e-mail Unity with your Name, Short Description of Act, Duration, and Equipment needed.
- Louisiana for Lifeline sent Leslie LaCoste to talk to us about what the organization does and internship opportunities. If you are interested, her e-mail address is email@example.com.
- If you’d like to learn more about Asexuality, you can visit this very helpful website: http://www.asexuality.org/
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
We had a great meeting yesterday, October 27, 2014. The topic was Asexual Awareness and we had a very informative panel! We did have a bit of business to go over.
Our next meeting will be on November 3, 2014 and the topic will be Heteronormativity (led by Brooke). Hope to see you all there!
Thursday, October 23, 2014
We had a great meeting on Monday October 23, 2014. The topic was Trans Awareness and it was powerfully delivered by our Vice President, Moe.
As for business we went over:
- T-shirts have begun being ordered! They should be arriving within the next few weeks.
- Safe Space training will be on Tuesday October 28, 2014. It is not too late to sign up online. The link is on our website.
- Also on Tuesday October 28, 2014, the No AIDS Taskforce will be doing free AIDS testing.
- Unity will be hosting a Halloween Movie Night on Thursday October 30, 2014 from 5-6PM. We will be showing Rocky Horror Picture Show so come dressed as you favorite character!
That all for business. Our next meeting topics with be Asexual Awareness. But before that meeting, Louisiana Lifeline will be talking to us about what they do and how to get involved. It will be a fun filled meeting so please attend!
Monday, October 13, 2014
We had a wonderful meeting today, October 13, 2014. Our topic was National Coming out Day and many of us shared our coming out stories. We also went over some business:
- Tomorrow is our Ribbon Fundraiser for National Coming Out day. If you would like to help out just show up at the table for however long you can stay. The table will be in the Library breezeway from 10AM to 2PM and there will always be an E-board member there.
- You can still order t-shirts even if you can’t give us your $18 right now. Just e-mail out Treasurer, Anna Gowin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, promise to pay at a later date, and your t-shirt size.
- If you would like to be in the Talent Show e-mail Unity (email@example.com) with your name, act, equipment needed, and run-time.
- Many of you met our advisor Mike Hoffshire today, he is available to meet with you if you would like to talk to him about anything. Just e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
- It is official, our t-shirt was voted on the final draft is:
Our next meeting will be Trans Day led my Moe. It will be an eye opening meeting, come with opens eyes, ears, heart, and mind. Hope to see you all there!
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
We had a great meeting on Monday October 6th. Before we went outside to play we went over a bit of business:
- T-shirts were voted on and we have a winner. The result will be attached to this e-mail.
- Unity first fundraiser is this Friday, October 10, 2014. We will be in front of the Library from 10-2, if anyone would like to help will this, please contact Moe (email@example.com) or Unity. You can come for however long you like, you don’t have to stay the whole time. We will be selling ribbons for National Coming Out Day awareness.
- If you would like to submit an act for the Big Gay Talent Show, e-mail Unity with the act, run time, and equipment needed.
- Also, please remember to sign in at meetings. Even if you are a little later (no more than 20 minutes) If you miss the sign in sheet on the first round, come and find me and I will let you sign in. Please also remember to sign legibly if you are new and I don’t already have your name. We use the sign in sheet to keep track of attendance which can affect you membership status.
On the t-shirt, the quotation marks will be removed before they are ordered. But his is the color and quote that will be used. The font may be changed, and you will know what it officially looks like next Monday.
We had a great meeting, it was a Queer Quad Picnic where we played “I’m a Privaqueer!” and “Heterosexual Freezetag”. Our next meeting topic is Coming Out Day where some of us will be telling our coming out stories and sharing with the group. We will start in the Mathematics Building and move out into the Quad for a more open atmosphere. If you wish to share but want to do it anomalously you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and you have our word that only Ally or I will see it, or you can give it to one of the e-board members in person. This will take place on October 13, 2014.
We hope to see you all there!